Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 40% Bonus for members on points purchases through April 3, 2023, which is the first time this year.
Marriott Bonvoy has frequently sold its points at 60% (only once) and 50% bonuses. You should not buy points through this promotion unless you can use them immediately and beneficially.
You can check your offer by clicking the button below.
Marriott Bonvoy buy points promotion details
- You can check your offer by logging in to Marriott’s buy points page.
- This promotion is valid through 11:59 p.m. ET on April 3, 2023.
- Members can receive a 40% bonus when purchasing Marriott Bonvoy points.
- You may purchase a maximum of 100,000 points during the promotion period.
- You must purchase a minimum of 2,000 points to unlock the discount.
- Purchased points are non-refundable.
- It may take 72 hours for the points to appear in your account.
- New members may purchase points 30 days after joining the Marriott Bonvoy program.
Buy Marriott Bonvoy points with a 40% bonus
Before any discounts or bonuses, you can generally buy Marriott Bonvoy points for 1.25 cents each. If you purchase a maximum of 100,000 points with a 40% bonus, you’ll get a total of 140,000 points for $1,250, or a rate of 0.89 cents per point.
What are the benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy Award Redemption Stay?
Of course, the most practical use of Marriott Bonvoy points is to redeem them for award nights.
The following are some advantages of a Marriott Bonvoy Award Redemption Stay:
- No percentage-based taxes or service charges (resort fees or service charges at individual hotels may apply).
- Free Cancellation (award bookings are flexible until shortly before your arrival date, usually available at least one day in advance).
- Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are available.
- Count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status.
- Stay for 5, Pay for 4 Offer (a member who redeems points for five consecutive nights for an Award Redemption Stay using a Standard Redemption Award or PointSavers Award under one reservation will only need to redeem points for four nights)
Is it worth buying Marriott Bonvoy points?
One of the most important reasons for buying Marriott Bonvoy points is to save money, as there are numerous ways to get outsized value for your points.
For many properties, purchasing points for redemption is often cheaper than paying cash. Depending on what it is, you might be better off buying the required points rather than paying the cash price.
Marriott Bonvoy has dynamic award pricing, which means that the price of an award stay is generally related to the cash price. Therefore, you should buy Marriott Bonvoy points when you have a relatively immediate need.
Look at your upcoming travel schedule to see if buying Marriott Bonvoy points rather than paying cash for your accommodation would save you money. If you have the means, purchasing points may be worthwhile.
Great use of Marriott Bonvoy points
Remember that this promotion allows you to purchase Marriott Bonvoy points for 0.89 cents each. Therefore, while making a reservation, remember to compare the purchase cost of points to the cash price.
The following are a few examples of some great deals using Marriott Bonvoy points.
JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa
The rate is $956 or 91,000 points per night. If you bought the points via a 40% bonus, You would pay $810 per night rather than $956.
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
The rate is $1,666 or 98,000 points per night. If you bought the points via a 40% bonus, You would pay $872 per night rather than $1,666.
The rate is $1,258 or 114,000 points per night. If you bought the points via a 40% bonus, You would pay $1,015 per night rather than $1,258.
Don’t forget that you will save even more money if you are eligible for the “Stay for 5, Pay for 4 Offer”.
How much does it cost to buy Marriott Bonvoy points?
When there is a buy points promotion, members can buy Marriott Bonvoy points for as low as 0.78 cents each (60% bonus). Otherwise, you must pay 1.25 cents per Marriott Bonvoy point.
Which credit card should I use to buy Marriott Bonvoy points?
Points.com, not Marriott, handles transaction processing when you purchase Marriott Bonvoy points. Therefore, if you use one of the travel rewards credit cards, your purchase won't qualify as travel, and you won't receive a bonus for that category. So, to earn points on your purchase, you should choose one of the best credit cards for daily spending.
Do Marriott Bonvoy points expire?
Marriott Bonvoy points are valid for 24 months. The expiration of your points would be reset by any activity that involved earning or redeeming points.
Are there blackout dates for Marriott Bonvoy Award Redemption Stays?
There are no blackout dates for Marriott Bonvoy award nights. Properties have standard rooms available every day for award redemptions. But properties may limit the number of standard rooms available for redemption on a limited number of days.
Do purchased points count toward Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status?
Purchased or gifted points do not count toward Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status.
How many Marriott Bonvoy points can I buy?
You can purchase up to 100,000 points per calendar year before any bonuses. This limit includes points purchased for yourself as well as points purchased and gifted by others. Points purchased before do count toward the limit.
Do note that a member can transfer up to a maximum of 100,000 points per calendar year to another membership account. A member can receive up to a maximum of 500,000 points per calendar year from other membership accounts. (section 2.8 of the Program Terms & Conditions)
If you need more than 100,000 points, you could register multiple accounts with your family's information and buy points to transfer to your account.
|Max Bonus||Cents per point||Start Date||End Date|
|40% bonus||0.89||February 16, 2023||April 3, 2023|
|25% discount||0.94||November 2, 2022||December 20, 2022|
|50% bonus||0.83||October 6, 2022||October 13, 2022|
|25% bonus||1||August 11, 2022||September 15, 2022|
|55% bonus||0.81||June 1, 2022||July 15, 2022|
|45% bonus||0.86||November 4, 2021||December 8, 2021|
|55% bonus||0.81||October 7, 2021||October 14, 2021|
|50% bonus||0.83||August 12, 2021||September 25, 2021|
|30% discount||0.88||May 13, 2021||June 20, 2021|
|50% bonus||0.83||February 16, 2021||March 22, 2021|
|50% bonus||0.83||November 26, 2020||December 22, 2020|
|60% bonus||0.78||November 19, 2020||November 25, 2020|
The terms and conditions of this promotion
- *Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. ET February 16, 2023, and 11:59 p.m. ET April 3, 2023, to be eligible for the 40% bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Marriott Bonvoy® members worldwide are eligible for the 40% bonus Points purchase offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- The bonus Points earned with this promotion through the Buy Points or Gift Points pages are not included in the annual purchase limit of 100,000 points.
- This offer is valid only for Points purchased through the promotion’s Buy Points and Gift Points pages.
- Marriott reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time.
- In 2023, members may purchase or receive as a gift a combined maximum of 100,000 Points per calendar year when purchased through our Buy Points and Gift Points pages (this website), Buy Points Points.com-powered window on Marriott websites, Marriott Mobile Apps or the Customer Engagement Centers.
- Members may purchase up to an additional 100,000 Points annually while booking a hotel stay through the reservation path on marriott.com.
- Purchased or gifted Points do not count toward Marriott Bonvoy® Elite Status.
- Purchase rate is $12.50 USD per 1,000 Points.
- Points will be posted to the Member’s Account within 72 hours after the transaction is complete.
- A member must be an active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- New members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy® cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.
- For members purchasing Points using a foreign currency, Points are sold in U.S. dollars (US$). Points can be redeemed globally for stays at hotels that participate in Marriott Bonvoy, as well as with third-party programs that have a business relationship with Marriott Bonvoy, such as airline frequent flyer programs. Learn more about the Marriott Bonvoy program here and ways to redeem your Points here. Please refer to your credit card company for foreign exchange rates. Once purchased, Purchaser’s credit card statement will reflect payment in their home currency on an itemized line displaying the foreign exchange rate charged by their issuing bank.
Marriott Bonvoy has just launched its latest promotion on purchased points. Buying Marriott Bonvoy points will save you money when you find a property where purchasing points for redemption is cheaper than paying cash, especially if you can redeem a fifth-night free award at a costly property.